[Bglug] Debian new user unfriendly

LP linuxpusher2 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 7 10:45:58 EDT 2016

I find all Ubuntu to be unstable on multiple machines, it does not seem to
matter which fork you use even Mint is hit and miss lately.
Installed fail safe Lubuntu 16.04.1 to my ToughBook dual boot with Windows
7 Ultimate.
First Lubuntu update after install,  Mouse cursor disappeared, fixed that.
Then next boot got caught in sign in loop fixed that with apt-get install
gdm.(not a video card problem)
I always check downloads with minimum MD5, prefer SHA256 before Burn, I
then check integrity at first Live disk boot if available.

I think maybe they are trying too hard and are forgetting computers that
were not built this year.
And this is why I am always Hunting for a better Linux Distro for Stars.

Right now I am looking at how many steps are required to install Debian
Dual boot with my Toughbook since they do not include an auto partition
tool.

We will never succeed in converting Windows users when there are so many
hurdles for inexperienced users.

LP