[Bglug] Linux Video Camera App

Tyler MacDonald tyler at macdonald.name
Mon Dec 19 12:45:19 EST 2016

What is the use case that Cheese isn't satisfying? There's several others
like webcamoid, and if you want to play around on the commandline, you can
have ffmpeg do the recording for you (there may be a frontend to help with
that too).

The one that pops to mind to me for remote (security) cameras is
"Zoneminder", it can handle basic webcams and appliance security cameras,
can email alerts, ftp videos offsite, etc. It's finnicky to set up, but
once it's set up it works great, and it's written in a modular way that
makes it easy to extend if you know perl.

     - Tyler