[Bglug] Open Mobile Options

Logan Streondj streondj at gmail.com
Sat Jul 30 00:49:50 EDT 2016

Hi,

So earlier I had the idea of having a mobile RPi,

though now it seems there are a lot of options,
for instance there can make a tablet with the odroid C2,
unlike the RPi3, the C2 only draws 2amps,
so have an extra amp out for the monitor or power speakers.

http://ameridroid.com/products/ameridroid-vu7-tablet-kit

Technically can adapt that to any SoC board.

I've even figured out a way that can deliver 2.5 or 3amp,
using a USB unifier http://www.ebay.ca/itm/281959326432

Though they would be best with a more substantial (and cheaper) battery
backup. I'm still finding out how much they weigh on ebay,
as I don't want to be lugging around a kilo of battery.
They have some which have 300amp's of stored power,
which would be enough for a 100 hours of a 3amp draw :-|,
though a ras
never have to worry about battery life again.
but i'm skeptical as to how much they weigh.

Theoretically may even be able to get an Odroid XU3 or XU4 mobile, which
draws 4amps, by using two power-packs and joining their 2amp out ports.

BTW, the solar battery packs, are mostly just battery packs.  I think
the solar is mostly for a trickle charge so they don't run down when not
being used. As the solar panel is only 2watts.

If the whole system you have working fits within 3amps,
then can keep it going indefinitely  using a 20watt solar panel,
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/New-20Watts-Portable-Foldable-Fabric-Solar-Charger-for-iPhone-4-4s-5-5s-MP3-USB-/181948647204?hash=item2a5cfc0724:g:aB8AAOSwMmBV6k2S

that one can charge two power-packs at a time.

If you like back-country camping, or long HPV road-trips,
and want to have Linux by your side,
this may be a good way to do it.

Can get a 3g dongle and a headset to make it into a phone.

P.S. I found an old unlocked GSM phone. So don't need another one. Thanks.

--
Logan Streondj,
A dream of Gaia's future.

Speakable Programming for Every Language:
github: https://github.com/elspru/spel
intro: http://wyn.bot.nu/spel/src/vocab/gen/start.html

You can use encrypted email with me,
how to: https://emailselfdefense.fsf.org/en/
key fingerprint:
BD7E 6E2A E625 6D47 F7ED 30EC 86D8 FC7C FAD7 2729