[Bglug] cloning Linux to SSD for increased speed

Tyler MacDonald tyler at macdonald.name
Tue Nov 8 13:39:12 EST 2016

I vote for: rsync -SHav --no-i-r --delete --progress

Uses more RAM, but if the copy gets interrupted, you can resume it, and you
don't absolutely *have* to take everything offline to do the clone -- you
could, if you really needed to, keep the origin system up and running while
it copies for hours, *then* take the old drive offline and do one more
rsync to sync up what changed during the copy.

   - Tyler