[Bglug] soldering course

Brad Rodriguez brad at bradrodriguez.com
Sat Oct 8 06:52:50 EDT 2016

In the olden days, I would solder discrete components (resistors, LEDs,
etc.) to a DIP header and then plug that into a wirewrap DIP socket on
the board.  Example here:

http://www.digikey.ca/product-detail/en/aries-electronics/16-600-10/A103-ND/4260

The one exception is that I would generally solder IC bypass capacitors
directly to each IC's wirewrap socket, as close as possible to the board
so that I didn't use up much of the wirewrap post.

Sorry I missed the last meeting -- out of town -- but I'll try to
remember this for the next meeting.

Regards,
Brad

brad at bradrodriguez.com