[Bglug] Gratitude

Logan Streondj streondj at gmail.com
Sun Sep 4 00:06:30 EDT 2016

Hi Bglug,

Just wanted to share some things I'm grateful for in regards to the
BGLUG group.

First off of course, I'm happy that Andrew organizes it and that it
exists, and it is a wonderful place to go to socialize with Linux
friendly comrades.

Also I'm grateful for the Linux Pro Magazine subscription which BGLUG
is funding at the library.  I had a look through the August issue and
it had a review of file systems including BTRFS.

I'm also grateful for Remi having done that presentation on BTRFS, now
I have most of my computers running on it. I've used it several times
for rolling back software development changes which I didn't commit as
it was between compilable iterations.

I'm grateful for the network cable that is allowing me to connect to
the internet with my web server.  And I'm also grateful for the
keyboard I generously received. I'm using it now as my other keyboard
reached its end of life -- when I hook it up to a computer the LED's
flash and it has highly intermittent operation, it's been dieing for a
couple weeks now, but now it is unusable.

While I don't have a mouse, I have discovered vimperator, muttator,
and keynav, allowing me to do all the things I need to do on a
computer with only the keyboard :-D. mouse free at last.

Thank you all,
hope to see you this Tuesday,
or whenever it is we are scheduled to meet next.
- --
Logan Streondj,
A dream of Gaia's future.
blog: http://joyfullifestyle.ca
twitter: https://twitter.com/streondj

Speakable Programming for Every Language:
github: https://github.com/elspru/spel
intro: http://wyn.bot.nu/spel/src/vocab/gen/start.html

You can use encrypted email with me,
how to: https://emailselfdefense.fsf.org/en/
key fingerprint:
BD7E 6E2A E625 6D47 F7ED 30EC 86D8 FC7C FAD7 2729