[Bglug] Energy Monitor, possible Feb presentation

Tyler MacDonald tyler at macdonald.name
Tue Jan 17 13:38:35 EST 2017

I've had a sense (https://sense.com/) sitting on my bookshelf for almost a
year now.

The unique thing that Sense has going for it, is that it claims to monitor
all the circuits at once (you hook the sensors up to the actual power main
going into your main breaker), and also claims to be able to differentiate
between different devices plugged into your home based on their energy
signature (laundry machine, fridge, TV, etc) and break down your entire
home's energy usage instead of just one circuit.

But yeah, since this involves hooking things on live wires that can not be
turned off and I haven't opened up a breaker box before, I require adult
supervision to hook it up and therefore can't tell you how much it lives up
to the hype :)