[Bglug] 3d printing

Jeff L jlorentz at gmail.com
Tue Oct 3 22:58:47 EDT 2017

Here is some info and some resources I have used.

3D printing news, everything from houses, medical implants, rockets
and other cool stuff.
https://www.3ders.org

Here is the podcast I learned a ton from for printing:
http://threedprintingtoday.libsyn.com/webpage/category/Podcast

This is the printer I am probably going to upgrade to.

Prusa i3 MK3
http://www.prusaprinters.org/original-prusa-i3-mk3-bloody-smart

There store page for their printers:
http://shop.prusa3d.com/en/17-3d-printers

Another cool printer I been interested in but the slicing software is
way early days for these types of printers.
https://printrbot.com/shop/printrbelt

Plastics (consumables resource)
https://filaments.ca

3D models for free download: (most are ready to print)
https://www.thingiverse.com

The slicing software I use (open source / cross platform)
http://www.mattercontrol.com

A video on thermoforming (something I want to try out on some print project)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BihhKHjguZY

Cheers,
Jeff