[Bglug] Monthly Meeting Tuesday May 1st 7pm at United Way

Andrew Howlett andrew at howlett.net
Thu Apr 26 19:33:22 EDT 2018

http://www.businessinsider.com/microsoft-terry-myerson-leaving-reorganization-2018-3

Sent from my phone

  Original Message
From: streondj at gmail.com
Sent: April 26, 2018 7:22 PM
To: group at bglug.ca; andrew at howlett.net; group at bglug.ca
Subject: Re: [Bglug] Monthly Meeting Tuesday May 1st 7pm at United Way

hi do you have a link to an article about the demise of the windows divison? can't seem to find anything about it.

On April 26, 2018 6:36:42 PM EDT, Andrew Howlett <andrew at howlett.net> wrote:

Our monthly meeting will be next week Tuesday May 1st at United Way. Bring your favourite beverage, I will bring pizza and veggies.

WINDOWS IS DEAD... LONG LIVE WINDOWS!!!

For those who haven't heard, the Windows Division at Microsoft is gone. Microsoft reorganized and Executive Vice President Windows has been eliminated. The surviving windows division personnel now report to the VP of Office365.

Of course windows will not disappear. There are about 600 million Windows 10 users plus many more users of older windows versions. I have two licensed windows VMs on my linux box. Plus consider Windows in other forms such as WINE and ReactOS.

So I propose that this meeting will be about Microsoft Windows. Bring a windows project or interesting windows hardware. Still have that windows 3.1 laptop? Bring it to the meeting and we can play minesweeper. I will try to put together a demo machine running ReactOS.

And of course we welcome tech chat on any topic from astronomy to zoology.

See you next week.

Andrew H.

Sent from my phone

Group mailing list