[Bglug] IP Tables Question

LP LinuxPusher at protonmail.ch
Sun May 6 09:31:48 EDT 2018

Hi all,
My DD-WRT Router Firewall Command has Changed.
I did not make any changes.
pfsense sent me a warning so I checked the router settings.
Could pfsense have made changes to my router ??, without the user name and password which are both very long and complicated and stored in my wallet only. (No)
I tried to edit the command back to what I installed, it will Not let me change it even after deleting the command.
Here is the original first then changed commands.

dev tun0

# allow only outbound connections to the VPN (no inbound)

iptables -I INPUT -i tun0 -j ACCEPT

iptables -I INPUT -i tun0 -m state –state NEW -j DROP

iptables -I FORWARD -i tun0 -m state –state NEW -j DROP

iptables -t nat -I POSTROUTING -o tun0 -j MASQUERADE

FOUND CHANGED TO !!!

dev tun0
# allow only outbound connections to the VPN (no inbound)
iptables -I INPUT -i tun0 -j ACCEPT
iptables -I INPUT -i tun0 -m

state

&#-106;state

NEW -j DROP
iptables -I FORWARD -i tun0 -m

state

&#-106;state

NEW -j DROP
iptables -t nat -I POSTROUTING -o tun0 -j MASQUERADE

Question: is the new command something to compromise my security???
Thank you
Chris.
Sent from [ProtonMail](https://protonmail.ch), encrypted email based in Switzerland.