[Bglug] CMOS password reset

Remi Gauvin remi at georgianit.com
Thu Feb 6 07:44:56 EST 2020

On 2020-01-19 2:54 p.m., TheTechRobo! wrote:

> Does anyone have an idea on what to do, as an easy fix? My last resort is Computer Service Centre downtown.

Most computers of that generation, with the soldered on battery pack,
also had a 4 pin connector for plugging in external battery.  It should
be labeled BATT and be very near where the soldered battery is.  I have
no idea if your Packard bell will be equipped with one.

Finding one of the 5V batteries would also be a challenge,, you would
probably have to make your own external battery.

Soo.... not answering your question and not really my business, but why
are you so concerned with risking this motherboard?  I can't think of a
better use for or a '95 era PC other than be a crash course on
soldering,, (something I haven't done in 20 years, and was never really
any good at it.)

Do you have a special project that needs such an old system?