[Bglug] Elive as a FreeDVD/USB?

Brad Rodriguez brad at bradrodriguez.com
Sun Jun 7 15:04:06 EDT 2020

What that really means is that page hasn't been updated in years.

In the olden days, when bandwidth was scarce and/or expensive, some of
us would keep local copies of various distros on our hard drives, and
offer to burn them to CD on request.  (Indeed, I still have Debian 6, 7,
and 8 on my system.)

Nowadays, nearly everyone has high-speed Internet.  I can't recall the
last time someone came to a meeting looking for a CD or DVD of Linux.
And if someone wanted a distro, one of us would probably download it on
the spot and burn it to DVD (or USB stick).

So I should probably update that page accordingly, and update our
recommended distro.  Whatever it currently is.

Cheers,
Brad

brad at bradrodriguez.com