[Bglug] browser with "noscript" capability

Anthony Morassutti moralater9 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 28 13:22:41 EDT 2021

NetSurf is great but still unfinished.

They only have a very small subset of javascript that only works with
javascript that doesn't change the page, which is disabled by default.

CSS and HTML also still aren't great. But it's a browser that is
really really lightweight, and supports noscript too.

On 28/04/2021, Paul Widmer <pwidmer at gmail.com> wrote:
> I use Brave quite a bit and have no complaints.  But I don't selectively
> control JavaScript, so a different use case than what you are looking
> for.  When I want to disable or selectively control JavaScript I use the
> Tor Browser.
>
> -Regards, Paul
>

> On 2021-04-28 1:00 p.m., Brad Rodriguez wrote:
>> With the latest update, Pale Moon (my current browser, a Firefox fork)
>> no longer works with NoScript.  I rely upon NoScript to let me view most
>> web pages with Javascript disabled, while allowing me to "whitelist" it
>> for certain trusted web sites.
>>
>> For other reasons, I don't want to switch to Firefox, so I'll pose the
>> question: can anyone recommend a privacy-supporting browser that allows
>> selective control of Javascript?  An ad-blocker is also important.
>>
>> Right now I'm contemplating Opera, Brave, and Vivaldi.  I'd be
>> interested in user experiences with any of those.  And, of course, open
>> to other alternatives.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Brad

Elive Linux is in my and many others' opinion, the best distro ever!
It is the distribution of the future, yet it is so lightweight that it
revives the past. Check it out! elivecd.org