[Bglug] OT: New malware delivery trick...

Anthony Morassutti moralater9 at gmail.com
Wed May 26 12:23:23 EDT 2021

That's scary, even if AVs are doing this.

Shows that they could hide stuff in whatever, as long as Windows
supoorts it oob.

(And even then, they could just bundle an unarchiver that is clean,
allowing them to use virtually any format!)

On 26/05/2021, Remi Gauvin <remi at georgianit.com> wrote:
> And...I should have googled this before exposing my ignorance...
> TrendMicro reports this since summer of 2019... I just never noticed
> before.
>

> On 2021-05-26 11:36 a.m., Remi Gauvin wrote:
>> This is not related to linux or FOSS, other than an opportunity for snug
>> elitism since it doesn't really affect us.  But I just noticed in my
>> junk mail folder, for the first time, a .exe (presumably malicious)
>> packed inside a .iso file.
>>
>> Windows now mounts iso files when you 'open' them, and since Windows by
>> default hides file extensions, this is even easier for users to fall
>> prey.  Presumably, putting the exe in a zip file is an old trick now,
>> and most security software aggressively check them.. is anyone watching
>> out for iso?

Elive Linux is in my and many others' opinion, the best distro ever!
It is the distribution of the future, yet it is so lightweight that it
revives the past. Check it out! elivecd.org