[Bglug] The Nefarious Cat (trouble shooting)

Andrew Howlett andrew at howlett.net
Thu Dec 24 08:08:50 EST 2015

I have rabbit problems.

My wife's rabbit eats ethernet cables‎

Sent from my phone.
  Original Message
From: LP
Sent: Thursday, December 24, 2015 1:49 AM
To: Bruce-Grey Linux Users Group
Reply To: Bruce-Grey Linux Users Group
Subject: [Bglug] The Nefarious Cat (trouble shooting)

We have all heard about the First Computer Bug it was a Moth stuck in a relay.
http://www.computerhistory.org/tdih/September/9/

Last night around midnight my router died, plugged in, power on, button on no lights.
Today I Perform a 30-30-30 seems to fix it.
Then after re flashing my Router it turned off again tonight without warning around 10pm.
I have a spare power supply for the router, at first I thought the PS plug was going or an overheating router.
Tried spare PS plug in wall router works, try power bar one nothing.
Bad power supply ?
Remove plug attached to power bar try in wall router now works.
Then the Light went on in my head.
Cat !!
So what do we call it when a Cat squeezes behind the desktop printer and in doing so Steps on the programmable power supply mode buttons
Programming only the Router and Printer to turn off around Midnight & 10pm.
Now that !, is Different.
LP