[Bglug] linux file managers

Andrew Howlett andrew at howlett.net
Sun Oct 16 18:41:00 EDT 2016

hi everyone,

the september 2016 issue of linux pro magazine is at the library

(yes, i know it is october. for some reason subscribers actually get the magazine a few weeks after it appears in stores like Chapters)

anyway, there is an article about linux file managers which I've never thought about before. I'll skip to the conclusion:‎

mc still rules for the command line

xfe looks like windows explorer (hierarchical tree view) and is available on almost every distro

There are a few mac finder clones and some experimental (ie weird) file managers for the adventurous.‎

Later

Andrew‎