[Bglug] Useless laptop revived with replacement wifi card

Andrew Howlett andrew at howlett.net
Mon May 15 19:13:48 EDT 2017

hi everyone,

following up on a previous post by logan, i replaced the wifi card in one of my pile of "crappy" laptops.

found an ebay auction for " Intel Wireless-AC 7260 7260HMW 802.11AC Dual Band BT4.0 PCIe Half Mini Wifi Card" for $23 including shipping (from China). installed it in a crappy HP laptop (15.6 screen with 1.6GHz Celeron CPU) that i took away from my dad. and it is actually useful now. still really slow but now at least the wifi works reliably.

just wanted to share the fact that decent cheap wifi cards are available on ebay.

andrew.