[Bglug] wifi transfer speeds awd internet Re: Useless laptop revived with replacement wifi card

Logan Streondj streondj at gmail.com
Mon May 15 19:45:19 EDT 2017

Hi Andrew, thanks for sharing.

I wanted to mention that I replaced my broadcom wifi chip with an intel one, and file transfer (rsync) went up from ~1.5MB/s (12mbit) to 5MB/s (40mbit).  Which is near the realistic limit of a single antenna 802.11n (i have gl-ar150 with openwrt).
https://www.speedguide.net/faq/what-is-the-actual-real-life-speed-of-wireless-374

I expect it will improve even more once i get my WDR7500 V3.0 (i learned the hard way that the other versions are not openwrt compatible, or even in English) fortunately i found one seller on ebay that can get version 3's on request, i'll link him once i verify the product is good.

So if any of you are paying for internet greater than 40 or 50 mbit/s then you should be using 802.11ac or a hardline connection, otherwise it's a waste of money, can probably downgrade to 30-50mbit/s and have same experience.