[Bglug] Stuff for free

Remi Gauvin remi at georgianit.com
Mon Jan 25 14:10:32 EST 2021

On 2021-01-25 1:43 p.m., Peter wrote:
> Hi all:
>
> I have a 'desktop' computer to give away:
>
> In reality it's more of an under-desk computer as it has a substantial,
> black full size case, excellent ventilation with 4 case fans, easy
> tool-less access, EVGA Classified sli model 141BLE760A motherboard
> (black, of course to make it easy (not) to see what you're doing when
> crawling under the desk, even the screws that hold the video card in its
> two slots are black. Sheesh!), monster heat pipe CoolerMaster V8 to keep
> Intel Core i7 cpu from melting , 12 GB ram consisting of 3 x 4GB sticks
> of triple channel DDR3 Viper Extreme, EVGA GTX60 video card, a cd/dvd
> rom and a small 186 GB hard drive, a sound card in addition to the
> on-board audio. Pretty leds to let you know it's on and temperature
> readout that displays codes as it progresses through the boot process.
> Antec 650 watt psu.

Juts in case the waters weren't chummed enough:

Even though that system would be woefully obsolete for gaming now, those
4 8X PCI-E slots (as well as 9 sata slots), would make this an ideal
system to try things with massive I/O that would be impossible without
very expensive server class / threadripper type systems now.  (Like
installing SaS controller, 10G-bit network interface and additional
usb3.1 controllers, all at the same time.)